On December 12, 1921, Ordinance No. 918 was passed for the purchase of the cemetery from Harper Lodge No. 191, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Harper, Kansas, thus making it a Municipal Cemetery. As you enter, you will see the oldest part of the cemetery; graves here date back to the late 1800’s.
The Harper City Cemetery now consists of a 12.5 acre tract in the northern- most part of the city with 1011 burial spaces. A new addition is now open to the west of the existing addition with 1072 new burial plots.
To purchase lots, please contact Karen at City Hall at 620-896-2511.
Single Space - $150 plus $50 Perpetual Care - $200
Single Space - $200 plus $75 Perpetual Care - $275
Lots are 4’ x 3" Wide by 12’ Long
Grave Opening Charges
Monday – Friday
Box or Vault - $500
Cremation - $200
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
Box or Vault - $600
Cremation - $300
Markers & Foundations
Before any marker or foundation shall be placed or erected in the cemetery, a $25.00 permit fee shall be paid and an application completed at the office of the city clerk.
- Die shall be four inches thick
- Base shall be six inches thick on single and double markers, eight inches thick on all other markers
- Foundations shall have an apron that extends six inches beyond the edge of the marker and should be at ground level
- No wet sets shall be allowed
- No markers shall be more than 36 inches in height, measuring from ground level, and no less than six inches (except VA markers, which are one inch)
- Marker material should be either granite or marble
- Location of markers shall be approved by the cemetery maintenance employee
- Flowers and decorations shall be removed from the grave site within seven days following the officially observed Memorial Day or the day of interment
- No dogs or any other animals are allowed to run at large within the cemetery
- Please keep motorized vehicles on roadway
- No trees, shrubs, grass or plants of any nature shall be planted on lots unless approved by Cemetery Committee